Pokémon Re-design

Sunday, October 03, 2010

I've started a new personal project where I'll be redesigning my main team from the ol' days of Pokémon Blue. :D The idea popped up whilst clearing up all my old drawings and collectables at my parents' house so they'd have more space for themselves. As with most 90's kids, Pokémon was a huge part of my childhood and I wanted to do some sort of tribute to help maintain/learn new painting skills whilst updating my portfolio. They'll mainly be interpretations of how I perceived them to be when I was a child.

The only Pokémon I know were definitely on my team so far are Venusaur, Starmie and Gengar. I'll have to fish out my GameBoy Colour to find out the rest....



Gengar:


Gengar was one of my strongest Pokémon. Looking back at the original design he actually looks quite round and cute but as a child I thought he was more cheeky and menacing.




Venusaur:

When I was little, I didn't like the look of Ivysaur and Venusaur so I kept him as Bulbasaur until level 60 'cause he was cuter. In the end, I let him evolve so complete my Pokédex and because their stats tend to increase after evolving (I think?). This is why he's so grumpy-looking!




Many thanks to Paul Chadeisson for helping me out with direction with this one when I was stuck. :)

---
Four more to go!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Twitter Feed

Like us on Facebook

Online Store

Buy prints, phone cases and more via my Society6 Store!

Once a year, I create
Chinese New Year greeting cards and sell them on eBay. Keep your eyes peeled for 2017's edition. ;)