Speedpainting: Week #1

Friday, November 08, 2013

I've decided to start the working day with a 30-min speedpaint as a warm up.


Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
I found this one quite tricky. Maybe I should theme weeks 
so I can work on things like structure more...

Thursday:
Back to Nature for the rest of this week.
Overshot by about 20 mins - oops.

Friday:
Ugh, you can tell it's Friday...guess I can't 
expect to be on the ball all the time. :/
I've learnt that overcast lighting is deceptive! Must study more...


They're mostly pics I nabbed from Google Images to do a study of. I've found that since doing this, my confidence in painting and work stuff has gone up and that I generally find it easier to do. Best keep this going then. :)


Interiors next week, methinks.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hey Naomi, these are looking great. They're useful for showing weak areas like capturing overcast lighting so you know where to improve. Well I find that kind of thing useful, you can't get better if you can't see where you need to improve ;)

    There's nothing wrong with using internet reference for painting, I don't think Wales has many desert dunes and Arctic mountains :)
    I learned a lot about lighting from adding other elements into internet photos to make new compositions, a method that might help you in later on studies.

    Looking forward to next weeks speed paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Feed

Like us on Facebook

Online Store

Buy prints, phone cases and more via my Society6 Store!

Once a year, I create
Chinese New Year greeting cards and sell them on eBay. Keep your eyes peeled for 2017's edition. ;)